ancestral chart father (not yet online) index home

vitals sources

     Simon moved with his family from Sherborn to Framingham, Massachusetts. He married and raised his own family there before moving to land he bought in Oxford, Massachusetts, in 1751. Simon appears not to have had any estate to pass on to his heirs, given that there is nothing to be found for him in probate files. The land he bought in 1751 somehow passed to his son David, who sold it in 1760. If Simon owned the property at the time he died, there certainly would have been probate action. David gained title to the property most likely by a deed from his father that was never recorded. Recording of deaths in Oxford in the 1700s is very poor, leaving to speculation when Simon and his wives died.

children of Simon and Esther (Town) Mellen:

Esther Mellen

sources for vital records: Simon's birth is from the Sherborn published vital records. His marriages are from the Framingham and Sherborn published vital records respectively. The latter say that Simon and Susannah were both of Framingham.

all text and photographs © 1998-2009 by Doug Sinclair unless where otherwise noted